As a membership organisation, the STAD website may contain links to our member’s websites and as such cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of these other websites.
What type of information do we collect?
You may browse our site anonymously but certain functions and pages may be unavailable to you. We collect information from you when you visit our website, become a member or e-mail us with a query.
When sending us through a query, you may be asked to provide personal details such as name, email address or phone number as needed.
What is your information used for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To provide information and resources: We collect and store personal data in order to provide services to other visitors to the website. We may also use this information for training, quality monitoring or evaluating the type of information we provide. We may also collect and retain your data if you send feedback about our work or make a complaint.
- To improve our website and provide a quality service to our members and those visiting our website in search of information
We continually try to improve our website based on the anonymous information and feedback we receive from you. We want your visit to our website to be a useful one, making sure you are able to find the information that you are looking for and that is relevant to you.
- We may also contact you by email if you have given us consent to do so. We will always respect your privacy and will always give you an opt-out option to stop hearing from us.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that lets the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to:
- browser type
• version and language
• operating system
• pages viewed while browsing the Site
• page access times
• referring website address
This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this site.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. To check how to do this, please visit the help page of your web browser. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.